Policy on Bulletin Boards, Display Spaces, and Library Exhibits
Library Exhibit/Display/Bulletin Board Policy
- Bulletin Boards are available for non-profit, educational, cultural and intellectual notices.
- The Library retains the right to accept or deny postings.
- All notices must be reviewed by a staff member prior to posting.
- Undated materials will be displayed as space permits. It is suggested that agencies monitor the condition of their announcements and supply the Library with clean copy when necessary.
- A staff member will periodically remove notices.
- Items to be posted must be neat, clearly readable and not exceed 15" x 30".
- The Library does not endorse any postings unless it is Library-sponsored.
Exhibits and Displays
Exhibitor must sign an agreement to comply in good faith with the following conditions:
- Exhibitors are responsible for setting up, labeling, and removing their display.
- The Library is not responsible for loss or damage of any item on display. Items on display are not insured by the Library.
- The display must be removed promptly on the agreed upon date. Display periods are normally for one month, coinciding as closely as possible to the beginning and ending of the month.
- The Library reserves the right to remove exhibit materials not retrieved by the agreed-upon date. Items not claimed 30 days beyond the agreed-upon date may be disposed of by the Library.
- The Library reserves the right to remove or refuse any material judged unsuitable.
- Exhibitors must be identified by name within the display.
- Exhibitors must supply the Library with biographical information and descriptions of the display.
- Exhibitors wishing to sell items must supply contact information. A ten-percent commission on each exhibited work sold must be presented to Friends of the Pearle L. Crawford Memorial Library.
- An opening reception may be scheduled at the discretion of the Library Director.
- Exceptions may be approved at the discretion of the Library Director.
- All exhibits must include the following disclaimer: “The material within this exhibit is the presentation of the individual or organization named in the display. The Library does not advocate or endorse the viewpoints of exhibits and/or exhibitors.”
Approved by the Library Board of Trustees: July, 2011
Revised: December, 2014