Do You Have Questions?If your question is not answered below, please contact the library at 508-949-8021 and we will gladly assist you.
Who can get a library card?
Adults and young adults12 and over need to present an ID that contains current mailing address information. Children and young adults 12 and over who do not have an ID can also obtain a library card as long as the parent or legal guardian presents an ID with current mailing address information. There is a $1.00 fee to replace a lost card. Please note that if you already have a card from a C/W MARS library in Massachusetts you do not need a second library card.
How many items can I check out at one time?
At any one time on your own library card, you may check out up to 50 items.A maximum of five DVDs may be checked out per library card. Please be aware that late DVDs carry a fine of $1 per day. Updated March, 2019
Can I use my Webster (or Oxford, Southbridge, etc.) card in Dudley? Can I use my Dudley card in Webster (or Oxford, Southbridge, etc.)?
Yes. These libraries are all C/W MARS member libraries. You can use your card at any library with a "Full" member type on this list. OLA and academic member libraries may have different borrowing rules.
What type of media can be checked out from the library?
The library has a variety of materials available for checkout. DVDs, Books on CD, children's Playaways, Nintendo DS games, Wii games, educational software, music CDs, and downloadable audio and ebooks from the C/W MARS Digital Catalog are available. The Library a Nook eReader and three Nook tablets available for checkout to patrons 18+ with valid library cards. We also have a Nintendo DS Game System available for checkout to patrons 18+ with valid library cards.
How long are your check out periods?
- Books, audiobooks, music CD's and games ~ circulate for 21 days, with one 21-day renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- eReaders & DS Game System ~ circulate for 21 days; no renewals.
- Magazines ~ CURRENT ISSUE DOES NOT CIRCULATE. Back issues circulate for 7 days with one 7-day renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- Movie DVDs ~ circulate for 7 days with one 7-day renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- TV series DVDs ~ circulate for 14 days, with one 14-day renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- Telescope ~ circulates for 7 days with one 7-day renewal if there are no holds on the item.
- Cake pans circulate for 14 days, no renewals.
- Museum passes circulate for 3 days only, no renewals.
- Summer reading list books circulate for two weeks only, no renewals.
What will I be charged for overdue items?
- Books, magazines, audiobooks, music CD's and games: 10 cents/day
- DVD's: $1.00/day
- Cake pans: $1.00/day
- Museum passes: $2.00/day
- eReaders/tablets/DS Game System: $5.00/day
- Telescope: $5.00/day
Yes, you may pay fines by credit or debit card online, but not at the Circulation desk. See the C/W MARS Pay Online Help page for details.
How long can I use the computer?
We use PC Reservation software to manage our public computer use. When you log in with your library card, you will have 2 hours. If you need additional time, it may be granted at the discretion of the staff.
Can I print documents?
Yes. Printing from a computer in the Adult or Young Adult area sends the job to the main Circulation desk. Printing from a computer in the Children's Room sends the job to the Children's desk. The cost is 10 cents per page. Printing from the wireless network is not available.
Can I return books from another library?
Yes. We will check in all materials belonging to another C/W MARS library and the item will be sent back via the daily delivery van. We cannot, however, return items belonging to the local school district or out-of-state materials as they are part of a different system.
How do I reserve the meeting or study rooms?
The Meeting Room Use Policy and application can be accessed here.
Do you take donations?
Yes, we gladly accept donations of books, magazines, and audio-visual materials. We will give you a receipt for your records, but we cannot assign a value.
Do you have a public fax?
We have a self-serve public fax machine located near the public copy machine. The cost is $1.75 for the first page and $1.00 for each additional page. It only takes debit or credit cards, no cash.
Information updated March 2019